Saturday 11 June 2011

Chiswick roundabout: 10 June 2011

I turned left out of Gunnersbury station and found myself on Chiswick High Road. My only associations with Chiswick is remembering visiting my brother when he lived in a very cold, shared house in the area back in the '70s so this is uncharted territory for me.

I wandered along the road until I reached the Chiswick roundaboat and flyover. Now this I did recognise and decided to record the view because like it or not it is a famous west London landmark. It was tricky to work out how to portray noisy moving traffic that wasn't still long enough to draw. I decided to suggest it with the movement of the lines and one or two vehicles. I also observed that the trees and shrubs growing on the roundabout are really beautiful and that's not something you'd notice when you are just racing round it in a car.

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I love this idea--traveling through the city by train, exploring it through art. I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pennyjars although there are only two stations left on this journey. You can check out the rest of the route by scrolling through previous posts.

    ReplyDelete